Sphere Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shahkulu's Troubles

3 posters

Go down

Shahkulu's Troubles Empty Shahkulu's Troubles

Post  jheregpip Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 am

I started downloading the new patch just now, but for some reason the patcher thought it would be a magnificent idea to actually delete my .exe file, so now I need a fresh download, and then try patching again.

This has happened to me before, usually around, well, every time Nexon releases a patch. I won't be online until my uninstall and download and reinstall is all done, and then I need to patch again manually and hope it doesn't go crazy on me again.

I'll be in and out of afk on the website while I do all this, so here's where you can reach me.

May the Seal God wrap his flippers around you in his warm, fuzzy embrace.

-Shahkulu the Prophet, Vizier of the Seal God

jheregpip

Back to top Go down

Shahkulu's Troubles Empty Re: Shahkulu's Troubles

Post  jheregpip Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:52 am

I'm bumping this because everything went south.

First off, the MSE Downloader from the website doesn't work at all. I choose a directory, hit download, and it tells me "Download fail. Retry few minutes later".

Changing the compatibility mode and/or running as an administrator isn't solving the problem.

So I downloaded the INNO setup instead, now I can't open this with any of my extracting programs including WinRAR and Windows default extractor. When I try to extract with WinRAR it tells me "Unexpected end of Archive" and there are only .bin files in the folder, no .exe

When I try with Windows Explorer, it tells me two things: if I try to open the folder, it tells me that the folder is invalid.

If I try to extract files from the folder, it tells me the .zip is empty.

Nexon has nothing posted about what to do when this happens, I've actually seen a great deal of threads describing the same problem but there's no replies/fixes.

If anyone has any insight into fixing this please let me know. I had to completely uninstall maple because Nexon can't release a stable patch and now reinstallation seems pretty much impossible.

jheregpip

Back to top Go down

Post  Eelkku Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:54 am

Well it seems they fucked up alot of stuff this patch so yea :P maybe wait like a couple days and keep an eye out on the forums

Eelkku

Back to top Go down

Post  jheregpip Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 am

Managed to get the reinstall working (so far), I had to download the vista version (and my comp isn't vista sooo)

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress, but if it's Bugpocalypse on live maybe I should just stay away until they get it fixed.

jheregpip

Back to top Go down

Post  Devote Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

jheregpip wrote:I'm bumping this because everything went south.

First off, the MSE Downloader from the website doesn't work at all. I choose a directory, hit download, and it tells me "Download fail. Retry few minutes later".

Changing the compatibility mode and/or running as an administrator isn't solving the problem.

So I downloaded the INNO setup instead, now I can't open this with any of my extracting programs including WinRAR and Windows default extractor. When I try to extract with WinRAR it tells me "Unexpected end of Archive" and there are only .bin files in the folder, no .exe

When I try with Windows Explorer, it tells me two things: if I try to open the folder, it tells me that the folder is invalid.

If I try to extract files from the folder, it tells me the .zip is empty.

Nexon has nothing posted about what to do when this happens, I've actually seen a great deal of threads describing the same problem but there's no replies/fixes.

If anyone has any insight into fixing this please let me know. I had to completely uninstall maple because Nexon can't release a stable patch and now reinstallation seems pretty much impossible.

Could be because the download of the Inno setup stops midway and the file ends up broken (happened to me on multiple occasions). WinRAR should work fine. Anyway, if I have trouble patching it usually works to download the Inno setup for Vista (on a windows 7 system).
Devote
Devote
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  jheregpip Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 am

INNO setup for vista seemed to do the trick in installing the game, now should I patch with the manual patcher to avoid getting my filed erased again or have they fixed the issue with the regular patcher?

jheregpip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum